Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stew Meat Chili

Man I'm just in a cooking mood today! For dinner tonight I decided to make something using stew meat and I found this recipe. So let me know what you guys think of it and if you tried it! Happy cooking!

Stew Meat Chili
  • 2 lb of stew meat
  • 1 onion - chopped
  • 2 (15oz) can diced tomatoes (I used Italian Style)
  • 2 (15oz) can pinto beans (I used Kidney beans since I didn't have Pinto)
  • 1 1/2 Tb chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 1/2 tsp oregano
  • Salt (to taste)
  • Shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top
Directions:

Brown the stew meat in a large skillet. Transfer meat to a crockpot and add the onion, tomatoes, beans, and seasonings. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours or High for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle cheese on each individual serving. Eat up!
                                                   These are all the ingredients i used!
                                                           The mixture of seasonings
                                                                Browning the meat!
                               Everything in the crockpot! Looks weird, but smells delicious!

I added a couple extra seasonings to my liking of which you are more than welcome to do. Well I can't really stop you from doing what you like, but hey let me know what you used or changed up differently and how it tasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment